Are you planning an event?
Do you need to hire a trusted expert for a virtual meeting, conference, corporate event, seminar, trade-show, convention, or company workshop?
Here is a list of the best African American speakers to consider for your event that can deliver a memorable speech and presentation that will inspire, educate, and entertain your audience.
These famous black inspirational speakers can cover such topics as overcoming adversity, following your dreams, hard work, never give up hope, believing in yourself, courage, faith, and more.
If you would like to hire any of these speakers or need more suggestions, fill out this form and our agent will respond within two business hours.
Please note, we work with over 5000 experts and thought leaders who may not be listed on our site.
Black Male Motivational Speakers
1. Upon shifting his career to television he quickly became a host on PBS.
2. He was a member of the Peabody Awards Board of Jurors for six years.
3. In 1989, he won the National Speakers Association’s Council of Peers Award for Excellence.
4. He was also recipient of Toastmasters International’s Golden Gavel in 1994.
5. In1 993, he became host of a new talk show called The Les Brown Show.
6. As a black inspirational speaker, Les has spoken at schools and corporate conferences where he inspires audiences to think big and take action.
1. In 2003, he worked as an academic adviser to disadvantaged students in Michigan State University (MSU).
2. During his time there he developed an undergraduate retention program called Advantage, specifically meant for academically high-risk minority students.
3. He also served as senior pastor at A Place of Change Ministries in Lansing, Michigan.
4. He has a master’s degree from MSU in 2005, and a PhD in Education Administration in 2015.
5. He also founded a company that offers educational consulting, executive coaching and athletic development.
6. He is the author of several books including Secret to Success and Greatness Is Upon You: Laying the Foundation.
7. As a famous black public speaker, Eric Thomas is passionate about helping people to stop procrastinating and work hard for their dreams.
1. Without question, Will Smith is one of the most recognized renowned performer and producer in the entertainment industry.
2. In 1990, Will Smith was started in the NBC sitcom, called “The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air”, which was undoubtedly a great success.
3. He was also main lead in the 1995 box-office hit Bad Boys, which was one of the first-ever action films to feature two black lead actors.
4. In 2017, Smith starred in the Netflix movie Bright and launched his own YouTube channel.
5. He also starred in the Disney live action remake of Aladdin In 2019.
6. Will Smith is considered one of the top African American Speakers where he speaks at colleges and business conferences.
1. David Goggins served in the United States Air Force from 1994 to 1995.
2. He also served in Iraq In 2004, and graduated from Army Ranger School with the distinction of enlisted “Top Honor Man.”
3. In 2008 he was named a “Hero of Running” by Runner’s World.
4. In 2016, he won the Music City Ultra 50k, and Strolling Jim 40 Miler.
5. In 2013, Goggins broke the world record for the most pull-ups done in 24 hours, completing 4,030 pull-ups in 17 hours.
1. Van Jones is a social entrepreneur and CNN political contributor.
2. He is also the host of the “Van Jones Show” and the “Redemption Project”.
3. Aside from his own show, he is also a popular guest on TV programs like “The Daily Show” and “Real Time with Bill Maher”.
4. Van is also the proud author of three New York Times Bestsellers.
5. Van Jones has been honored with several awards and spotlighted on several lists of high achievers over the years.
1. Bishop T. D. Jakes is the owner of The Potter’s House, a global humanitarian organization and a 30,000-member church located in Dallas.
2. He was named America’s Best Preacher by Time Magazine.
3. For his humanitarian efforts he has won several prestigious awards including BET Honors, Stellar Award, NAACP Image Award, Keeper of the Dream Award and McDonald’s 365Black Award.
4. He has also produced and been featured in a number of Hollywood films.
5. He also featured in the award-winning romantic comedy movie titled Jumping the Broom in 2011.
1. His book The Pursuit of Happyness, became a New York Times and Washington Post number one bestseller.
2. Gardner was an associate producer of the movie The Pursuit Of Happiness, starring Will Smith.
3. New York Times bestselling book, titled Start Where You Are: Life Lessons in Getting from Where You Are to Where You Want to Be was also written by Gardner.
4. In 2010, Gardner was named the Ambassador of Pursuit and Happyness for AARP, which has nearly 40 million members worldwide.
5. He has also been honored with many awards from the NAACP Image Awards including the award for both the book and movie versions of The Pursuit of Happyness.
1. Spike Lee is a renowned writer, director, producer, actor, and author.
2. He is the the producer of the ground breaking movie, When the Levees Broke.
3. He has won awards for the his Peabody sequel, titled, If God’s Willing and da Creek Don’t Rise
4. His 2018 film BlacKkKlansman, went on to receive six Academy Award nominations, including Best Picture.
5. The film also won the Best Adapted Screenplay and earned Spike his first Academy Award.
1. He is the founder of the Rainbow PUSH Coalition, founded in 1984.
2. He is one of the world’s foremost human rights, religious and political figure of all time.
3. He was a two-time presidential candidate, former CNN talk show host and newspaper columnist.
4. In 2000 President Bill Clinton awarded him the Presidential Medal of Freedom, the highest civilian honor.
5. As a renowned orator, he has received several awards for his work in human and civil rights and for non-violent social change.
1. Richard Williams, AKA Prince Ea, is an American spoken word artist, poet, rapper and filmmaker.
2. He graduated from the University of Missouri-St.Louis with a full scholarship and a degree in Anthropology.
3. His YouTube videos on motivational and spoken word films have received over two billion views.
4. Prince Ea speaks at conferences and gives lectures to high school and university students nationwide on the topics of self-development and living your passion.
Black Women Motivational Speakers
1. She is the founder and host of the popular TV show, The Oprah Winfrey Show.
2. In 1985, Oprah co-starred in Steven Spielberg’s movie, titled, The Color Purple as the distraught housewife Sofia.
3. She has co-authored five books including The Path Made Clear, The Wisdom of Sundays, and Food, Health, & Happiness.
4. Her website Oprah.com averages more than 70 million page views and more than six million users per month.
5. Winfrey was one time listed as the world’s most powerful woman by CNN and Time.com.
1. She has a Juris Doctor degree from the City University of New York School of Law and a Master’s degree from the University of Santa Monica.
2. Iyanla Vanzat is also an ordained New Thought minister.
3. In 2000, she was listed as one of the “100 most influential Black Americans” by Ebony magazine.
4. Again in 2012, Vanzant was listed as #7 on Watkins’ Mind Body Spirit magazine’s list of the 100 most spiritually influential living people.
5. She was a co-speaker on Oprah’s the “Life You Want Weekend” tour in 2014.
1. Viola Davis is a renowned American actress and producer.
2. She is the first black actress to achieve the Triple Crown of Acting where she won an Academy Award, an Emmy Award, and a Tony Award.
3. Time magazine named her one of the 100 most influential people in the world in 2012 and 2017.
4. Davis is also known for her advocacy and support of human rights and equal rights for women.
Dr. Bernice King
1. She is nationally and internationally known as one of the most powerful, motivating and life-changing speakers of all time.
2. In 2000, King narrated the “Lincoln Portrait” as wel as a symphony orchestra in Keil, Germany, at the Schleswig-Holsen Musik Festival.
3. In 2012, she was elected Chief Executive Officer of The King Center founded in 1968.
4. She has appeared several times in popular shows such as the Oprah show and BET Talk with Tavis Smiley.
5. She has also guest-hosted a live lunchtime television show on CNN.
1. She is known as the most successful female in the history of women’s boxing. she is 2. She is an undefeated champion and a classical icon of a woman succeeding in a male-dominated sport.
3. She is a certified world-class athlete, fitness and health expert.
4. Laila is a former president of the Women’s Sports Foundation.
5. Laila is a philanthropist and a major supporter of charitable organizations such as Feeding America and Peace 4 Kids.
Need help booking a speaker?
If you are interested in booking any of the speakers on this page or want some more suggestions, use the form below to contact an agent.
We have access to over 5000 experts and thought leaders, many of whom are not listed on this site.
Let one of our agents help you find the perfect speaker that fits your budget, needs, and date.
Step 1 – Fill out the form below.
Step 2 – Our agent will respond within a couple of hours.
- Best motivational speakers
- Business motivational speakers
- Christian motivational speakers
- College motivational speakers
- Corporate motivational speakers
- Female motivational speakers
- Inspirational speakers
- Leadership speakers
- Resilience Speakers
- Sales motivational speakers
- How to find a motivational speaker
- How to hire a motivational speaker
- How to choose a motivational speaker
- Motivational speaker bureaus